<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey, Jay?

Yeah, MG?

Would you say there's anything different about me?

Um...

Don't worry. This isn't one of those trick girl questions.

Well...

Okay, it sort of is. The question is, would you say that my halo shines bright?

What?

My halo shines bright. Would you say that I have a halo, and it's shining bright?

Uh, everything okay, MG?

Yeah. Everything's great. I just got trapped on the phone for 20 minutes by a salesman who somehow got the idea that something about my position here made me an ideal person to pitch his stuff to. He was like one of those toy dinosaurs that runs into a wall and keeps trying to walk forward until the batteries die down.

Yeah?

Yeah! I kept saying, "Look, I don't really have any control over those decisions, I'm not really in a position to help you, that's not my department..." finally I said I'd give him the number of someone who might actually have some relevance. And I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic or clueless, that's when he said, "You're a real angel. Your halo shines bright."

That's just weird.

Yeah. Not to mention grammatically bizarre. Definitely the first time I've heard that one, though, even if he was being sarcastic.

Subscribe with Bloglines

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Fiction Bloggers

[ Prev 5 | Prev | Next | Next 5 | Random | List | Join ]